The 63rd NBA All-Star weekend wrapped up last night in New Orleans. Here are a few of my favorite moments:
1. Kevin Hart gifts his MVP award to Arne Duncan who really earned it.
2. Swin Cash (WNBA Chicago Sky) was on Team Bosh for the All-Star Saturday Night festivities where they competed in the shootout from 6 different spots of the floor. She helped get her team – which included Bosh of course and NBA legend Dominick Wilkins – win the trophy.
3. John Wall from the Washington Wizards ruled the Slam Dunk contest. Check it out:
4. #NBAStyle show that came on at 6pmET. I missed most of it but hope to see a replay. It’s so refreshing to see men in suits instead of saggy-oversized jeans. By the way, did you see Kobe Bryant in that suit? I’m not even a big fan of his but he looked really good!
5. Charles Barkley’s interview with President Obama (huge hoops fan and clearly a TNT fan). You can tell Barkley was nervous but I think he did a good job for a non-reporter. He covered several topics. Check it out:
6. Pharrell’s performance opening up the game and introducing the players from both teams. I was JAMMING. Watch the whole thing again below.
7. The singing of the “‘Oh Canada” the Canadian national anthem by Serena Ryder and the guitar playing of the Star Spangled Banner (savor it below). Both incredible! (Can you tell I’m a music head?!)
8. All the records set in the first half of the All-Star game.
9. Lebron James and Blake Griffin who both declined the invitation by the NBA to participate in this year’s Slam Dunk contest, both put on a show in the first quarter of the game. Watch one of Griffin’s sickest dunks of the night.
10. Kyrie Irving won All-Star game MVP when he scored 24 points in the second half to help lead the East to beat the West with the no defense-reflecting score of 163-155
Do you have a favorite moment that’s not mentioned on this list? Tell us in the comments.
Next year’s fun will be in NYC. Fanatchicks will be there!