TITLE Graphic Designer
JOB STATUS Part-Time (10-20 hours/week)
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY for ALL SEMESTERS
Fanatchicks | For Chicks Who Dig Sports! is a sports lifestyle brand and the #1 online sports lounge for female sports fans and we are growing. We will kick off an online collaboration with a major global entertainment brand in 2012 and we need the right creative, professional and self-motivated people to join our team. Fanatchicks Media, LLC is based in Orlando, FL.
We have an immediate need for a Graphic Designer. This position will support Fanatchicks.com and Fanatchicks Care (our 501c3 sister company) in a range of short-term and long-term projects for the web, video, print and apparel. This individual also serves as a day-to-day design resource for all Fanatchicks team members.
- Complete multiple design projects on time (varying from small to large scale)
- Design and produce graphics for website banner ads, videos, mobile web, mobile applications, email communications, social media spaces, presentations (Powerpoint, Keynote, Adobe), marketing materials including advertisements, brochures, signage, posters, and miscellaneous collateral
- May be asked to work on video design projects
- May be asked to work on short animation projects
- Other related creative duties as requested
- Solid knowledge of design principles, and demonstrated design (layout/typography) skills
- Strong Adobe CS, MS Office, and HTML
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work
- Design for print production
- Digital photo and graphic editing
- Pursuing or earned a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts Diploma, from an accredited college or university, or have equivalent relevant experience
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities while working to deadlines
- Ability to take direction from leadership to create deliverables
- Previous work experience in a business environment
- Development and production of marketing collateral
- Designing graphics for mobile devices (web and applications)
- Marketing and creative skills for generating new opportunities and ideas
- Being a sports fan is a great asset – major league and college sports knowledge is a plus
- Ability to speak, read, write in Spanish and/or French
Casual but fast-paced. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected. Effort is rewarded.
This is an unpaid internship but we will work with your school to provide college credit. Please submit your cover letter, links to past work (portfolio), rate and resume by email to: gigs[@]fanatchicks[dot]com with “Applicant – Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
*** We appreciate your interest in working at Fanatchicks and we sincerely thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ***