LOCATION United States, Canada
TITLE Marketing Assistant
JOB STATUS Full and Part-Time Internship (10-20 hours/week)
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY for ALL SEMESTERS
Fanatchicks | For Chicks Who Dig Sports! is a sports lifestyle brand and the #1 online sports lounge for female sports fans and we are growing. Fanatchicks Media, LLC is based in Orlando, FL but you can complete this internship remotely. If you’re looking for a paper-pushing job, you need not apply. You will only get real-world experience interning with us.
We have an immediate need for several Marketing Assistants. You will plan, develop and execute marketing programs for Fanatchicks and Fanatchicks Care (our 501c3 sister company) and you have the opportunity to develop your skills in a variety of areas including:
- product management
- email marketing/communications (internal and external)
- social media strategy
- market research
- brand management
- online sales and marketing
- Must be a college junior, senior, or grad student pursuing a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Management, Sports Marketing or Sports Management, from an accredited college or university. Recent graduates or candidates with equivalent relevant experience will also be considered.
- Must be disciplined and self-motivated and have the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities while working to deadlines
- Must be able to take direction from leadership
- Must attend all meetings on time and work diligently to meet assigned deadlines
- Must have access to a reliable computer from which to work
- Must have reliable and consistent high speed internet access
NOT REQUIRED BUT NICE-TO-HAVE
- Being a sports fan – interest in professional and college sports and/or playing a sport
- Experience in marketing and creative skills for generating new opportunities and ideas
- Ability to speak, read, write in Spanish and/or French
- Flexible hours – certain projects may require your availability during some evening and weekends (as that is the nature of sports!)
Professional, casual and fast-paced. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable so you should be too. Innovation is respected. Effort is rewarded. We will primarily have phone or online communications if you are not in Orlando so it is a collaborative, online team culture.
This is an unpaid internship but you can earn valuable hours of course credit. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: gigs[@]fanatchicks[dot]com with “Applicant – Marketing Intern” in the subject line. Also let us know which areas of marketing (from the list above) interest you most.
*** We appreciate your interest in working at Fanatchicks and we sincerely thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ***