LOCATION Orlando, FL
TITLE Video and Audio Editing Assistant
JOB STATUS Full and Part-Time Internship (10-20 hours/week)
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY for ALL SEMESTERS
Fanatchicks | For Chicks Who Dig Sports! is a sports lifestyle brand and the #1 online sports lounge for female sports fans and we are growing. Fanatchicks Media, LLC is based in Orlando, FL but you can complete this internship remotely. If you’re looking for a paper-pushing job, you need not apply. You will only get real-world experience interning with us.
We have an immediate need for a Videographer, Video Editor and Audio Editor. Our flagship program is Fanatchicks TV LIVE! which is a live webcast on Tuesday evenings. The program is recorded so it can be watched by fans on-demand.
- Edit the raw video from Fanatchicks TV LIVE! and any other videos produced by Fanatchicks
- Edit any errors or add any additional captions or information
- Edit out segments
- Create/edit audio file and prepare for podcast
- Upload video to Fanatchicks channels on Vimeo and YouTube
- Upload audio to iTunes, Stitcher and other locations
- Complete multiple video projects on time (varying from small to large scale)
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio program material; ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product.
- Provide still images and video as needed
- Applying the best combination of quality and quick turnaround.
- Create photo galleries and slideshows, with audio.
- Experience with popular video and audio editing software tools
- Editing experience includes adding captions, photos, music/audio, video and the ability to blend it all seamlessly.
- Ability to edit to meet what are sometimes aggressive deadlines
- Experience with digital videocamera and camera settings
- Experience with the technical aspects of production, including the setup of lighting, cameras, video and audio equipment for indoor and outdoor locations.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve AV issues in an efficient and confident manner
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities while working to deadlines
- Ability to take direction from leadership to create deliverables
- Ability to understand, suggest and effectively communicate appropriate video solutions
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work
- Highly creative individual who recognizes proper graphic layouts, broadcast design and use of fonts for legible
- Take pride in your work and produce high quality deliverables
- Graduate of, or in the process of completing, a Bachelor’s degree in Radio/TV, Film, Fine Arts or related area AND one year experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Being a sports fan is a great asset – major league and college sports knowledge is a plus
- Ability to speak, read, write in Spanish and/or French is a plus
Casual and fast-paced. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected. Effort is rewarded.
This is an unpaid internship but provides the ability to earn valuable college credit towards your degree. Please submit your cover letter, links to past work (portfolio), rate and resume by email to: gigs[@]fanatchicks[dot]com with “Applicant – Videographer” in the Subject line.
*** We appreciate your interest in working at Fanatchicks and we would like to sincerely thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ***